Written by The Flyerlo Team in Guide
Aug 30 th, 2021
Welcome to Flyerlo! Our mission is to make flyer marketing easy and painless for our clients so you can get more customers without the hassle.
Flyers are not a new medium for marketing. In fact, flyer distribution services have been around since the 18th century. However, while some things have stayed the same, the industry has evolved a lot over the last 300 years. As a result, new challenges have emerged, which we seek to solve through our flyer distribution services platform.
Individuals, businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and more use flyers to advertise an event, promote goods or services, persuade people, recruit members, and much more.
One reason people and organizations use flyers is that they are relatively easy to produce and print. With the right amount of planning, you can get your flyers directly in front of your prospective customers’ eyes, making it easy for them to learn about your organization and give you a call.
Yet, even though they’re easy to make, flyers are not always easy to distribute. There are a couple of reasons for this.
First, you need to be cautious of restrictions and bans. Some places won’t allow you to post or distribute flyers for a variety of reasons. You can spend all the time in the world creating the perfect flyer, but it won’t do you any good if you can’t post it!
Secondly, online printing services can be pricey. If you spend a lot of money on flyers that you can’t post anywhere, you might walk away making only a small return on investment or, in some cases, none at all. It’s frustrating to waste a lot of money to get zero results.
Flyerlo is changing the way individuals and organizations create and distribute flyers. Here’s what you need to know about flyers so you can get the most out of your next flyer marketing campaign.
The primary challenge people face when they start distributing flyers is that they aren’t allowed everywhere. In most places, posting flyers in public spaces is covered under free speech laws. However, it’s always a good idea to check with the city government where you want to distribute flyers to ensure that you are legally allowed to post flyers in public spaces.
In the 2000s, some jurisdictions have laws or ordinances, even policies, banning or restricting leafleting or flyering in certain locations. You need to be aware of these three jurisdictions:
• Law• Ordinance• Policy
It is extremely important to know your state law, city or county ordinance, and premise policy before you begin your flyer distribution services. If you are not sure about law, ordinance, and policy, it is your responsibility to contact officers and ask for clarification or questions you might have for them. They would be more than happy to work with you on those matters.
Three other ways people frequently look to distribute flyers are private businesses, door-to-door, and utility poles. Let’s take a closer look at how each of these scenarios works.
If you want to post flyers in a private business, such as at your local coffee shop or shopping mall, you will need to get permission from the property owner. Some places are more than happy to post flyers for businesses and organizations that are relevant to their clientele. Others will politely say, “thanks but no thanks.”
We do not believe in delivering the flyers door-to-door (or car-to-car) practices. Imagine yourself living in your home and being bombarded with flyers at your front door. You might find these annoying, and you may even feel like your privacy has been violated, especially if you live in a no-solicitation neighborhood. If you would feel this way, then imagine that other homeowners would feel the same. Home is home, and it is not meant for us to market there. Give it rest. Please.
While we do not generally recommend distributing flyers door-to-door, there is one exception: if you notice that the homeowner has a genuine need for your products or services.
For example, if you are a contractor and walk around the neighborhood and see a house with a driveway that needs to be sealed or the sunken driveway needs to be repaired, you might offer your services.
Or, say you are a pest control business owner, and you notice a Maple tree in the front yard. Knowing there will be a lot of boxelder bugs might be a good reason you should distribute a flyer to that house about your pest control services.
Don’t be aggressive, and don’t put pressure on the homeowner. Consider that the homeowner might still find it annoying to have someone leave a flyer on their doorstep. On the other hand, if you can solve an obvious problem for the homeowner, they may appreciate it and reach out to you.
Also, please be aware of the law on door-to-door soliciting. Please check with your state and local on these laws before you begin your flyer distribution. Stay away from no solicitation neighborhoods, as these are areas where homeowners are particularly wary of door-to-door salespeople and advertisers.
You’ve probably seen flyers on utility poles around town. However, this is not a good idea. We do not advise you to post any flyers or any type of material such as a sign, picture, etc., on any utility poles. There are no exceptions, period! EVER!
Posting a flyer or sign on the utility pole may seem harmless, but it is potentially dangerous to utility workers. Foreign objects such as staples, nails, stacks used to hold posters and signs to utility poles can cause interference with the work of a utility worker. It is hazardous for them. In some places, you can be charged, yes, we mean a criminal charge, for posting a flyer on the utility poles. Just don’t do it.
Here’s how most online printing services work. First, customers send designs or hire in-house designers to create designs. Then, they review proofs either online or by e-mail to make sure that they look okay before receiving the final prints by mail.
Customers who prefer the idea of sending flyers through the mail will look for an online printing service that also offers mailing services. These companies mail out prints to addresses on a mailing list that you either provide or purchase.
In general, online printing services offer four types of services—graphic design, printing, mailing lists, and bulk mail services. Let’s take a closer look at what each of these services entails.
1) Graphic DesignYou want your flyer to look good so that it can draw your audience’s attention from across the room. Many online printing services provide in-house graphic designers who can help you with the design. They can either provide you the templates you like or customize a design for your business from scratch. While working with an in-house graphic design can get you great results, it can also get expensive quickly. Some places let you provide your graphic design, which can cut down on your overall costs if you can provide a design you’re happy with.
2) PrintingThe primary thing online printing services provide is in-house printing services. These services are more robust than what you can get with your home computer, especially if you want customized sizing for your flyers. Pricing varies based on different flyer formats such as Letterhead size (A4), Half Letterhead Size (A5), Compliments slip size (DL), and postcard size (A6). Then there’s the issue of deciding on colors, matte or gloss finish, how many flyers you need to be printed, and other add-ons. All these extras can get expensive depending on what you ordered.
3) Mailing ListIt’s up to you whether you want to send flyers through the mail or rely on partnering with local businesses to pass them out. If you decide to go the direct mail route, you can find places with an in-house mailing list. They partner with the clearinghouse, where they can get better pricing than if you do it independently. You also can provide them with your mailing list if you have one.
4) Bulk Mail ServicesSome places have an in-house USPS clearing facility that allows them to offer you the optimal rates. But, unfortunately, it can still get expensive. A more cost-effective option would be having them ship the prints to you, and then you could mail them directly. However, this can be time-consuming and may not be worth the hassle for the amount of money you save.
Based on these four services, you can see that a primary problem with online printing services is that costs do add up quickly before you send out your flyers to the targeted market. Now, imagine paying for those services and spending all that time on your flyers only to get a small response of 3 percent or less. It would be even worse to get a zero response rate.
Some places will tell you that you need to continue using their services to get your desired results. Using them again might result in a few more customers. Unfortunately, it could also result in no customers at all.
Another problem involves the mailing list. Some places will tell you that they run the list through the National Change of Address database to ensure that you don’t miss any prospects who have recently moved. This might not be the case, though, and you could end up with lots of mail returned to you as “undeliverable.” Talk about a waste of time, money, and resources.
Flyer restrictions and expensive online printing and mailing services might prevent you from marketing or promoting your products, services, events, etc. So, where and what are our solutions? Is there hope for advertisers who want to use the tried-and-true method of flyer marketing? We have good news for you. Flyerlo is here with the solutions you need.
With Flyerlo, you no longer need to worry about the restrictions and bans. You also won’t need to worry about paying upfront for an expensive printing and distribution campaign. So you can see why we built this platform.
Here are a few things we do differently to make flyer marketing more straightforward and more accessible to individuals, small businesses, and organizations.
1) We don’t do in-house graphic design. That’s right. You’re not paying for the overhead of an in-house design team. Instead, you can choose from a variety of graphic designers we partner with. We will list their graphic design services right here on our platform, so you can know how much it will cost and what type of design you can expect. You will have vast choices of graphic designers with their specialty and expertise in graphic designs.
2) We make it easy to find places to distribute your flyers.Use the Flyerlo platform to browse places to buy a spot you like for promoting your business. You’ll know exactly where to reach out to new prospects and can do whatever makes sense for you and your budget.
3) Digital flyers save you time and money.We don’t charge you to print hundreds of flyers that might get tossed in the trash. Instead, we send a digital file. You submit your flyer to the shop owner, and the owner print and post your flyer there or hand-out to their patrons.
What’s the Catch?Here’s the best part—there isn’t one!
That’s right. We’ve figured out how to improve flyer marketing services to help you save time and money.
With Flyerlo, you will easily find places where owners sell their spots without worrying about restrictions. Owners know their patrons, and they would be able to tell you who their patrons are using demographic information. For example, they can tell you broad age groups, gender, occupations, frequencies, etc.
After reviewing spots, you will decide which location suits your marketing strategy and budget best.
Then, all you need to do is sit back and wait for the phone to ring as you watch your business grow.
We’re here to help you every step of the way. Get started by creating a Flyerlo account today. Welcome to the Flyerlo family!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Welcome to Flyerlo!
Join us because you want to become a …
Seller – Either you own a store or become a distributor and want to earn extra revenue. It’s your opportunity to earn money from advertisers who want their flyers to be posted or handed out.
Buyer – You want to advertise something like a product or services, or events, a campaign, or anything. You can browse any place here and buy any spots you like then submit your flyer.
Graphic Designer – It’s your opportunity to help local advertisers or shore owners by selling your graph design skill specialized in what you do best and what do you love.
We are looking forward to having you here!
The Flyerlo Team